Friday, March 27, 2015

Lemon Chip Muffins


One day last week, I got to go to town without the toddler. Taking advantage of the trip, I stopped at the Bulk Barn, one of my favourite stores. It is hard to go in there with 2 kids, because their carts are to small to put the baby car seat-carrier in, it is difficult to carry the baby or push a stroller and a cart at the same time, and it is even harder to allow the toddler to walk because it is very enticing for little fingers; rows and rows of bins filled with sweets and surprises, at a perfect height for a little one to get into! 

Anyway, last week, I got to go in a take a peek around. I found a new treat! Lemon flavoured baking chips. I decided to get a handful or two just to try them out. When I got home, I figured the best recipe was chocolate chip muffins, with a minor tweak, of course. HERE is the recipe I used. 


Without the contrasting chocolate, they look a little plain, but they turned out delicious! I had one for breakfast for the next few days, as did Little Miss, of course.


The little one liked them, but I wouldn't go so far as to say she loved them. She ate about a half of one at a time. Mr Picky didn't like them, of course. It is the lemon, he thinks it tastes like dish soap.

Either way, I will be making this one again. I have enough lemon chips for a do-over and we always have chocolate chips on hand so I will try those as well. Maybe they will get a better reception that way.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

~Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment