Thursday, February 5, 2015

Carrot and Apple Oat Muffins

As I said last week, I am going to try to start baking once a week with Miss Salean. I decided muffins are an easy place to start. We almost didn't get them done because baby sister decided not to take a nap today, but we put her in the bouncy seat beside us and went at it. I had some extra carrots, so I decided a carrot muffin would be a good idea. I found THIS recipe on Pintrest, of course.

 I premeasured all the ingredients while she was eating lunch. Eggs, apple, oil, milk, spices, brown sugar, flour and oatmeal. All lined up and ready to go.

The last time we baked, Miss just wanted to watch, this time she was very interested in dumping the ingredients into the mixer. In goes the oatmeal!


The dry ingredients, apple and carrot are in the mixer, giving the wet ingredients a stir (after some help breaking up the egg yolks and blending a bit).


The batter complete. It was thick and very easily scooped out without drips, something I love in a batter.


Lining the muffin cups, she took this job very seriously. We counted the liners as we put them in.


After we scooped them and I rechecked the baking time, I closed the laptop and saw this behind it...oops. So, these are sugar free muffins!


A little blurry, but we got exactly a dozen muffins. We had a bit of a temper tantrum because we had to wait for them to cool before eating.


But finally, the best part! She picked apart this one and one more later in the day. She liked them but I don't think she loved them. I really like them but can taste the oil, so maybe with the sugar added they would be better.


Our first real baking adventure was a success, we both really enjoyed the kitchen time. Hopefully little sister does not have any more napless days and we will be able to bake often! We have to do something to pass the time, we have been housebound because we keep getting massive blizzards!

Have a good week, everyone!

~Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment