Friday, January 30, 2015

Homemade Whole Wheat Cheese Crackers.

My child loves crackers. She would live on them if we allowed her to. Any why not? They are perfect toddler sized, you can put anything on them and usually quite delicious! But, everything in moderation, and I am hoping to get her into a little healthier habits. This recipe came up on my Facebook feed by a group that shares healthy recipes for kids, their link led HERE.

I added way to much butter (and used Becel) so my dough was very wet. I ended up adding more flour, including some all purpose when I ran out of whole wheat. 


 Eventually it rolled and I used a mini shortbread cutter to make two trays of decent sized crackers.



They turned out quite nice, but I could really taste the Becel, so I wasn't crazy about them. I also found them quite dry, but that is most likely from adding the extra flour.


Little Miss seemed to like them the first day when they were warm, but after the first serving she rejected them or just enjoyed crushing them into powder, an easy task since they were so dry. 


All in all, I'd say it might be a recipe I would try again, but I would have to take care with measuring the butter (and not just eyeball it). They were definitely better warm, so they would have to be made bigger or for a party, to get eaten up. Maybe we are just not cut out for homemade crackers.

Hope everyone is having a great week! We are getting a crazy amount of snow here!!

~Natasha,

No comments:

Post a Comment