Friday, September 19, 2014

Chewy Granola Bars

I am trying to eat healthier, for both mine and baby's benefit. As well, Salean is still super picky and so I am trying to introduce her to new foods. Since she isn't really wild about the store bought variety, I decided to try making granola bars. I found THIS recipe on Pintrest, and went with it since I would not have to purchase additional ingredients (Mr Picky is still out of work and having a hard time finding something either here or in another province).


I changed it up a bit, I used cashews instead of peanuts as they were all I had. Instead of mini M&Ms, I used full sized and just chopped them up. I also threw in a handful of dried cranberries as they are something little Miss likes.


The dry ingredients mixed together in one bowl. I mixed the wet in another and added them together.


It made two small 9X9 pans, I cut each into 8 pieces, and they smelled delicious baking! Once Mr Picky saw the dried cranberries, he refused to try them. He did admit, however, that they smelled good.


It took a little convincing, but the next morning Salean tried one for breakfast and liked it. She ate more fruit than granola bar, though.


We had another for snack and I found pieces around the room. She shared some with her doll.


She sat in her tent eating it (broken up in a bowl) and sharing with another doll, who is hiding to her right.

I really liked this recipe and I think I will make them again. I would call them about 50% toddler approved. She likes it sometimes and sometimes not.

I am hoping in the next little while I can convince both little Miss and Mr Picky that real foods are good. We usually have fast food at least once a week, but it has been a few weeks. Thursday we were out with his family and had DQ; we both agreed after that we felt blah. It kind of pushed him a notch closer to my side :-)

Hope everyone is having a great week, happy Friday!!

~Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment