Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Honey Glazed Chicken

For the last few months, I have been trying my hand at a bit of meal planning. I have so many cook books and cooking magazines just sitting on shelves, I made it my little New Year's resolution to attempt to make 2-3 recipes from them each week. I go out for dinner Thursdays with family, and Saturday is burger night at Grandma's, I figure on one night for leftovers and Sunday when Mr Picky is home is just a freebie for spur of the moment meals. So that leaves three days a week for cooking new things. I've been cooking Monday, Wednesday and Friday and leaving Tuesday for leftovers. Last week, I turned to the internet for new recipes, and this is where I found tonight's dinner.

It started with chicken and a lemon I bought for a recipe last week that I didn't get to use. I like Kraft's website because I can put in the ingredients I have, and it spits back recipes with those ingredients. Everything it gave me last night either didn't appeal or I was missing an ingredient. That was when I noticed a tab, user submitted recipes; this is where I found the Honey Glazed Chicken.

Little Miss was not napping today, for once I had to take her for a drive to get her to sleep. When we got home, I managed to get her in the crib to snooze so I could start dinner. I did step one, threw it in the oven and jumped in the shower. When I got out, I made the glaze and just as I was pouring it over the chicken, I heard a cry from the bedroom. So much for getting anything done today! But, that's OK, at least I got that far.


The recipe states it should be basted a few times, instead I just flipped the pieces twice during cooking. If you do not like curry, I don't recommend this! It was my first go with curry powder and it packs a punch in the scent department! We went out to the mailbox after it was cooked and I could smell the curry on my jacket that had been hanging in the kitchen.


I served it with a deli salad, some sweet potato that had herb & garlic cream cheese mashed into them, and a packet of microwaveable rice. Toddler rating for the chicken is probably a 1 out of 5....she wasn't wild about it and she usually likes spicy food. She loved the sweet potato and the salad, though!


I on the other hand loved it! Although it didn't taste like either honey or lemon, two of the main ingredients. But when Mr Picky came home from work, he cleaned up the other two pieces. I really didn't expect him to like it, but he did!

Aside from the curry smell, I think I will make this again. I'm sure it will eventually grow on Salean. It turned out to be a delicious healthy dinner!

I hope everyone is having a great week!

~Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment