Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easy Chocolate Waffles

Last night, I spent 4 hours rearranging our living room so we can have a bigger, better play area. I sorted toys, cleaned, rearranged books and furniture and made it look less like a storm went through and more like the Tot School that I feel Miss is ready for. In the time that it took me to peel a potato and plate breakfast, she made it look like this:


I think it is time to start teaching her how to put one toy away before taking another!

So, to go with our new play area, I decided to make a treat for breakfast: chocolate waffles. I searched a few recipes (while the tornado slept) and then made my own based off THIS one. I wanted one that was based on a mix because I knew I would not have a lot of time, and I was trying to prep a slow cooker dinner as well. The recipe was easy enough, I just basically added sugar, cocoa and oil to my mix. I halved the recipe and got about 1+1/4 waffles. I also didn't use the measure for the water, I just added enough until it came to the right consistency. I skipped the chocolate chips and walnuts.



Doesn't this look like a delicious breakfast for a 15 month old?

 
 
She ate the fruit and the cheese, but literally gave the waffles back to me. Better than tossing them on the floor, I guess. Needless to say, this recipe is not toddler approved.
 
 
 
I ate the other three quarters with a banana, the extra quarter I tossed. It was good, but not great. The cocoa was a bit bitter, so maybe it needed more sugar or a different type of chocolate. You can also see in the lower left that it did not fully integrate into the mix, which may have contributed to it as well.
 
Ether way, it was something new to try! We may not use this recipe, but I think I may try them again someday.
 
Hope everyone is having a great day!
 
~Natasha.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment