Monday, December 3, 2012

Sugar Cookie Kit

A little boy I know loves to bake, so this year I decided to make him a sugar cookie kit for Christmas. I found the recipe for the jarred sugar cookies from All Recipes  (and I just remembered I forgot to put the directions with it...best do that now).

Last night, I put all the dry ingredients in a jar. Because they are all white, it is not very fancy.


Also last night, I did an internet search for 'cookie border'. I opened this in Paint, then added my instructions in that program as well. I just printed this out, cut it to fit and taped it to the jar.


I found some nice cookie cutters and an oven mitt set with a kid friendly pattern to add.


And added some decorations for his cookies. I meant to add a container of icing, but I forgot to pick it up. It is still not to late, though!


I stuffed it all into a bag and wrapped it in tissue paper, it is ready to give! If I add icing, it will have to go in a bigger bag.



Yum! Hope he likes sugar cookies!!

Today is my first official day of mat leave, I have gotten lots done so far and have plenty more to do (and oodles of time). I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

~Natasha,

No comments:

Post a Comment