Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Snickerdoodle Cookies

Apparently Snickerdoodle cookies are my beau's favourite. His Grandmother made them for him when he was a kid. Hard to live up to that! Last year, I found a recipe for them, but he said they were to crunchy. So last weekend, I leaned on Google to try and find a perfect soft snickerdoodle recipe. I found a recipe on eHow.com, and made them while he was at his Dad's, fixing my car.

Soft Snickerdoodles.

2 sticks butter, softened.
1 tsp vanilla.
1/2 cup brown sugar.
1 + 1/4 cup white sugar, divided.
2 + 1/2 cup flour.
1 Tbsp cinnamon, divided.
1/2 tsp nutmeg, divided.
1 tsp baking soda.
1/2 tsp sale.
3 eggs.

Preheat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and 1 cup white sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until fluffy.

In another bowl, combine flour, salt, soda, 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Add dry to wet mixture, blending until smooth.

In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Roll batte into balls, dipping into sugar mixture before placing on cookie sheets. Flatten slightly using bottom of glass.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, Cool on sheets before removing to serve.

To keep cookies soft, store in a sealed jar or tin with a piece of bread laying on top.



The batter was very wet, I ended up adding an additional 1/2 cup flour, and still had to scoop and dip the cookies in the sugar. I could not roll them in balls, thus the funny shape of the one on the left.


I also found the nutmeg a bit predominant, but he said they were perfect! Woohoo! So that means i will probably be making them often!

I made these last Saturday, I replaced the bread last night (Monday) and they are still quite soft. They disappeared fast when they were freshest, but now I notice they are moving slower. Still, i am glad he liked them.

I am going to start a cookie rotation soon, I am just finding  a few more recipes. Since he started his new job we are both taking lunches now, and cookies pack well! This one is definitely going into the rotation!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!

~Natasha,

PS: My spell check thinks snickerdoodles should be knickerbockers :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment