Thursday, September 6, 2012

Quick Dinner

Most days I have a huge list of stuff to get done before heading off to work for 2 PM. Today is no exception, I had to run to the bank, the dollar store and the department store, do a load of laundry, last nights dishes and of course, find something to take with me for dinner. Some of it I can multitask, like this morning I threw on the laundry then ran out while it did its thing. Other times I can't. The days when I have little time to cook dinner, I make one of these quick and easy meals. It can bake while I run around the house. 

Basically, I rummage through the fridge to find the flavour i want. Sundried tomato...orange mango...Italian? These are all salad dressings that Kraft makes (I am not pushing their products, I just usually buy them because they go on sale at my grocery store more often than the store brand ones do). The good thing about them is they have enough oil that you do not need to grease the pan.


I thawed a chicken breast and chopped it. Then I chopped a few potatoes, some baby carrots and a couple celery sticks. I was going to use an onion, but it had gone bad. Other times, I have chopped red or green peppers to go in it, to! You could also probably use any type of squash, some snap peas and maybe even broccoli and cauliflower. I just chop them into almost-equal sized pieces and throw them into a bowl. Pour on some dressing and give it a good stir to coat, then pour into a glass baking dish. I like to cover it with foil so it does not over crisp.


After about 45 minutes at 400 F, it comes out looking kind of funny, but you have deliciously roasted chicken and veggies ready for dinner. I had also whipped up a quick batch of tea biscuits to go with this one. I made this last week on a day that I had to clean my cupboards out. I am moving in a month, so I am trying to clean and purge as I go! So while this cooked, I cleaned, two things done at once!

Hope everyone is having a great short week, back to school for just about all the kiddies! My little man K started grade 1 this week, he is so grown up!

Have a good day, everyone!

~Natasha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment