Tuesday, September 4, 2012

30 Sucks

Last week was my baby sister's 30th birthday. I had been trying to think for weeks of something unique to giver her, when I stumbled across this on Pintrest...30 sucks.



It was cheap and easy to make. Between the bulk and dollar stores, I rounded up 30 tootsie roll pops. I bundled them into one hand and wrapped the sticks in tissue paper. I then slid them into a 'take-out' container I got at the dollar store.


For the sign, i took a piece of blue scrapbook paper, i used a glass to make a large (top) and small (bottom) circle. I drew lines, cutting it like a pizza, and finally made petals between those lines.


I stencilled '30 Sucks' onto a smaller pink circle, and used double sided tape to stick it into the centre (a glue stick would have been just as easy).


Finally, I flipped it and taped another sucker stick (leftover from making cake pops last Spring) to the backside. I slipped this into the box with the suckers.


To this, I added a gift card for the movie theatre and a homemade gift card for babysitting, so she can go see a movie. The best part is that it folds up into a nice little box, no gift wrapping required!


Finally, just to be smart, I got a 3 year old card from the dollar store and used scrapbook stickers to make it into a 30 year old card!


A cheap, funny birthday gift for the 30 year old in your life! Happy Birthday, little sis!

~Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment