Friday, August 31, 2012

August Foodie PenPals

In the last few months, I have been participating in a round up called Foodie Pen Pals.  Basically each month I am pared with two people: one I send a package to, and the other sends a package to me. This month, both were in British Columbia.

I received my package Wednesday of last week from Lisa at Sixtyone45, she sent me a few delicious and healthy treats from beautiful British Columbia, a province on the other side of the country.


Totally unrelated, but the fabric is a work in progress that the Grandma to be is making for baby, i found the pattern online Check it Out!


This is a Quinoa grapefruit salad, from a place on Vancouver Island. I am told it will make a great lunch or breakfast, but I have yet to try it as it takes additional ingredients and I have not had time to get out! Looks yummy, though!



Orange Chocolate honey! This is the second time I have been given flavoured honey, and just a couple months ago I did not even know it existed!


Blueberry jam, one of my favourites!! The jar is half gone already :-(


And finally, some gourmet chocolates, from what I am told is the best candy shop ever and it is only open a few months a year. I have already eaten the square (there were actually 2 of them, one missed the photo op) and the round one on top. Can't wait to dig into the fudge!

So that's it for this month, check out the link at the top if you want to participate next month. It is so nice to be able to try different things from around the country!!

Happy Long Weekend, everyone!


~Natasha.

The Lean Green Bean

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to find you again! I hope you've been well :) I've seen so many posts this week about Foodie Penpals...what a great exchange! You got some yummy surprises~

    ReplyDelete